Hej!
For the next year I'll be on exchange doing my third year of university at Lunds Universitet in Lund, Sweden. Lund is a small city of around ~110 000 people, with around 45 000 of them being students. On this map of Sweden, Lund is basically next to the southern city Malmo, near Copenhagen.
 |
I'm well below the arctic circle, and I'm told the weather will be similar to Vancouver, with some slightly cooler days in the winter.
|
I arrived here in Lund on the 21st (after missing a connection and staying in Toronto for 24 extra hours... but I made it!) and since it has been a whirlwind. From getting a Swedish phone number (the plans are so cheap!) to just finding where I live, it has been busy, and so I have not taken many photos, but stay tuned there will be more to come! This will be a heavily photo dominated blog.
 |
| This is part of the building I will study in - Geocentrum. |
 |
| This fountain is in the university's main square. |
 |
| Yes, that's a castle, and yes that is the AF building, or Student Union building! |
 |
| The Student Union. |
 |
| Nearly everyone in Lund travels by bike. There are places to park your bike everywhere. |
 |
| My bike! Bright pink, but it was a good price and it came with a basket and lights. Turns out it is illegal to bike at night without forward and backward facing lights. |
 |
| Where I live. Sparta! |
 |
| School spirit -- for a whole day you saw people dressed up completely just wandering around campus. |
 |
| The main library (not another castle, but pretty close) |
 |
| The Swedes seem to have a fascination for things in tubes! Caviar (left), Dill caviar, and space cheese (right). You an also get mayo or mustard or tomato paste in a tube. |
 |
| This is "pourable yoghurt." Supposedly its like a mix between yoghurt and milk. |
 |
| Another item somewhere in between yoghurt and milk. A large part of the swedish diet seems to be dairy. |
 |
| Milk - spelt Mjölk (pronounced Mee-yoke) - comes in varieties as well. |
 |
| They don't refrigerate eggs here... |
And there will be more to come! I have one more week before my first course starts.
No comments:
Post a Comment